MOBILE LUX MEASUREMENT SYSTEM
IESNA (Illuminating Engineering Society of North America) publishes street illumination guidelines which are followed by municipalities across North America.
What’s a lumen?
A lumen is the measure of the total amount of light emitted by a light source.
Lux is the measurement of how many lumens hits a surface. For example: one Lux = one lumen per square meter of road or sidewalk.
IESNA Recommended Street Light Levels
- 90% of all BC residential street lights are overlit
- On average, residential streets are 200% brighter than IESNA guidelines – some as high as 400%!
- At the same time, other areas are underlit
- What is actual Lux level?
How to Discover Your Actual Lux Levels
- We’ll measure it!
Our Mobile Lux Measurement System
- We measure existing Lux level, GPS location, pole spacing, luminaire height, luminaire overhang and road type
A critical data-set for a street light conversion decision