RESIDENTIAL LED SAVINGS REPORT
Energy Savings on Residential Street Lights are Low-Hanging Fruit
- On average, residential streets are 200% brighter than IESNA guidelines – sometimes as high as 400%!!
- Municipalities are experiencing energy savings of 85%
- Contact us for an LED savings report for your municipality – it’s free
How Does the Residential LED Savings Report Work?
- We select a typical residential neighbourhood with 50-100 street lights
- We calculate the total energy consumed and the utility bill
- We calculate how much you could reduce energy consumption and still satisfy IESNA lighting guidelines
- We then translate the results into the potential savings for the municipality
- We provide a full analysis of the present costs and the potential savings
- Typically energy consumption to satisfy the IESNA guidelines will save up to 85% of the present energy cost
- Our data shows that a municipality would save a minimum of $1,000,000 for every 1,000 residential street lights over the life of an LED – estimated at 15 years
How Many Lights in My Municipality?
A community with 60,000 people has approximately 5,000 street lights. A city with 100,000 has about 8,400. The rule of thumb is one street light for every 12 people. Have some fun. Do the math for your municipality.